Advanced Core Training for 6 Pack Abs
As I discussed in my previous “6 Pack Abs” tutorials, the key factors for revealing your abs are:
2) Nutrition – Reduce carbs (especially high GI carbs and starches like most grains), avoid processed foods, include healthy fats and proteins, stay hydrated, watch your portions, and pay attention to peri-workout nutrition. Check out my blog post on nutrition here => Nutrition Guidelines for 6 Pack Abs
A good full body training program (like the one I outlined in my previous tutorials) that will burn calories, increase your metabolism, and bring on the After-Burn Affect, along with an intelligent nutrition plan, will help you reduce body fat while maintaining your lean muscle tissue. Once you have been training for a while and have developed a decent strength base while improving your body composition, you will benefit from including some more challenging exercises for your midsection in your exercise routine.
In this video tutorial I take a look at my progress towards the 6 Pack, then demonstrate several advanced core training exercises. These exercises are challenging and may take time to progress to performing them properly, but they will definitely help you sculpt your abdominal muscles so that they show better as you get leaner.
The exercises include:
1) The Dragon Flag – A classic exercise, used by Stallone in the Rocky movies!
2) Power Wheel Pikes -Can also be performed using an exercise ball
3) Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts – Check out my tutorials for this exercise at Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts Video Series
4) Ab Vacuums – Also called “Draw-Ins”
5) Hanging Wipers – Think “Hip Crossovers” but holding yourself in an inverted row position… yikes!
6) Hanging Stiff Leg Raises – A tough progression from hanging knee raises
7) Inverted Reach Ups – You’ll need special equipment for this one… the “Inversion Boots”. Unless you already have this set up in your own, private “Bat Cave”… you’re secret is safe with me!
Introduce some of these exercises into your program and let me know what you think. Which ones were you able to perform? Which ones were most challenging?
Btw, I have a SURPRISE BONUS for my readers in today’s post: a FREE ebook called 6 Pack Abs Unleashed! This is a 3 Day Advanced Program for core training by Jamin Thompson, a pro fitness model, author, and sports performance expert in Los Angeles. Jamin demonstrates some excellent core exercises to add to your routine and provides you with a solid program to incorporate into your regular training plan.
=> Click Here to Download “6 Pack Abs Unleashed” for Free (No email required)
You’re welcome. (o:
Wishing you success in sculpting those abs. Good luck!