What the Hell is Wrong with the Weight Loss Industry?
I recently watched an excellent video created by Mike Howard of Lean Minded, where he basically throws the entire fitness industry under the bus. The thing is, he makes some important observations, his critique is well-founded, and he provides some great suggestions about what to do about it. His opinion on this topic is very similar to my own, and his advice is right in line with what I’ve been saying for a while now (on my blog, YouTube, and other social media).
I shared the video below in this article, and I encourage you to take a few minutes to check it out. He touches on several problems in the fitness industry at present:
- People seem to believe that everything causes weight gain… except excess calories.
- People are chasing a quick fix to get short term results for a single event, rather than making “fitness” a Lifestyle.
- People obsess about minutia and argue about the smallest details related to training and nutrition, rather than learning the basics and looking at the big picture.
- Everyone is focused on Extremes (black and white; good and bad; all or nothing) rather than striving for Balance.
- “Fitness Experts” debate whether fat loss is 60%, 70% or 80% diet vs exercise, forgetting that it is 100% MINDSET. Continue reading